For almost five decades, Airbus DS Communications has been serving the communications needs of our valued communities - public and private sector organizations that include state and local Public Safety agencies, corporate entities and the Federal government.
Our first telephone dispatch product was released in 1968, and our 9-1-1 computer telephony integration (CTI) application launched in 1995. Since then, we have added leading emergency notification technologies and P25 radio systems to our impressive VESTA® solutions portfolio.
While our size and scope have changed dramatically over the years, our relentless commitment to helping our customers save lives and protect property has not.
Our Promise to Our Customers
At Airbus DS Communications, the home of VESTA, we are guided by one principle: CRITICAL MATTERS®. This means, what is critical to you matters to us.
As a result of this passion for your needs, we make three important promises that stand for who we are, what we value and what we do every day.
- We keep people connected WHEN IT MATTERS MOST /
- We design with AN OPEN MIND /
- We create smarter ways to KEEP ALL OUR COMMUNITIES SAFE /
We do not take lightly the confidence our customers place in us, our solutions and our services. Our goal is to ensure everyone we serve - from our Calltakers and first responders to our business continuity and disaster recovery professionals to our military officers - have powerful and flexible, yet easy-to-use tools to keep their communities safe and sound.
A Few Facts about Us
- We are backed by our parent company, Airbus Defense and Space Holdings, Inc., a global leader in aerospace, defense and related services.
- We offer the most comprehensive communications portfolio of any solutions provider, including Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1), P25 Radio and Emergency Notification.
- With solutions in more than two-thirds of the most populous U.S. cities and hundreds of Federal installations, including the Department of Defense, we have tremendous and unmatched industry experience in deploying and servicing large, complex systems.
- Customer satisfaction is paramount for us and why we offer a comprehensive Voice of the Customer (VOC) program. Through it, we gain invaluable input that helps guide our solution and service offerings.
- We are an ISO 9001:2008-certified organization, demonstrating our commitment to quality and standards.
In serving our Public Safety customers:
- Over 60% of all 9-1-1 calls in the U.S. are received by our VESTA® Call Handling solutions.
- More than 100,000 Calltakers interact with our 9-1-1 equipment every day to protect over 200 million people in the U.S. 24/7.
- We support a growing number of referable P25 Radio customers in the U.S., Canada and around the world.
- We offer a full array of advanced applications for the worldwide control room market.
In serving our Corporate customers:
- Our Emergency Notification solutions are used in 20+ countries and over 20 different industries, including finance, insurance, healthcare, utilities, transportation, manufacturing and more.
- In a crisis, these corporate communities count on our powerful hosted and on-site notification systems to be operationally resilient and more importantly, to ensure human continuity. They also rely on the technology daily to share non-critical information with employees, customers, stakeholders and others.
In serving our Federal customers:
- We support the communications needs of the Department of Defense and other Federal agencies in 12 countries.
- Nearly 150 VESTA Call Handling systems are in service at Federal installations worldwide.
- Our VESTA® 4 solution has achieved JITC certification and is on the DISA Unified Capabilities Approved Product List. (JITC certified means the VESTA solution has met strict guidelines to operate in elevated security environments for Federal Government and DoD customers.)
- Our VESTA® Communicator solution is the Emergency Notification solution of choice for many Federal Civil agencies.